4th of July Fireworks Festival
The City of Middletown will present the annual Fireworks Festival in 2020 on Saturday, June 27th from 5-10 pm, with a rain date of Sunday, June 28th. The festival takes place along the bank of the Connecticut River at Harbor Park, and the front lawn of the City’s Municipal Building at 245 DeKoven Drive.
Beginning at 5 pm, kids and families will be entertained with crafts for kids of all ages, face painters and interactive performers roaming the grounds of the festival. There will be plenty of food vendors featuring a wide and varied selection of tastes. Live music will be presented the entire night at the main stage event area located at City Hall lawn. At 8:30 pm the Middletown Symphonic Band starts lighting up the evening with more live music. Then at 9:30 pm begins the countdown for the Fireworks display.
There’s parking throughout the city and there are multiple viewing sites as well. The festival is centered downtown on either side of Route 9 and is pedestrian friendly with no cars on the festival sites. For additional details and inquires, contact the Mayor’s Office at 860-638-4801 or the Arts & Culture Office at 860-638-4510.
Details and registration forms for Food Vendors will become available in March! PLEASE NOTE: Food Vendors will need to contact these departments listed below to fulfill additional requirements. Please indicate the event you plan to attend as a vendor.
1. Middletown Police Department: Required background checks for all employees working on the day of the event. DEADLINE for this department is 3 weeks prior to the event date. You will need to supply and contact directly:
- Copy of Photo ID or driver’s license
- $5 background check fee/ payable to Middletown Police Department
- Copy of your valid Sales and Use Permit issued by the State of Ct. or your Non-profit 501c3 IRS determination letter.
- Deliver all required materials from each individual to the Middletown Police Department, ATTN: Records, 222 Main St. Middletown, CT 06457
2. Health Department: Required Special Event Food License. DEADLINE for this department is 3 weeks prior to the event date. You will need to contact directly:
- City of Middletown Health Dept., 245 deKoven Dr., Middletown, CT 06457 Email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
3. Arts Office: Registration forms for Food Vendors will become available by March 25, 2020.